---I got the rolls made. My go-to recipe is from the Mormon Country Cookbook that I got almost 3 decades ago as a birthday gift from my friend, Terry Miller. It is the 12 hour Butterhorns. You can't beat it. Well, maybe with the Lion House rolls that are frozen now. Rhodes are pretty dang good, but if you want a homemade roll for a special occasion or holiday, this is it. You can make it up to 2 weeks prior and after you shape them, flash freeze them on the sheet tray and then put them in a freezer ziploc bag. Take them out 6 hours before you sit down for dinner, leave them undisturbed on the cookie sheet and pop them in the oven for hot scrumptiousness.
---My two pies are done. Banana Cream and Pecan.
---The stuffing is done and also in ziploc bags until we stuff that Turkey Bird! We are a cornbread stuffing family. And we like to use the Mrs. Cubbisons mix, and I use all the veges for the regular recipe, and cut the liquid and butter in half.
---Mr Turkey is brining away. I've never done that before, but everyone keeps saying it is the best. I'm using the brine from Williams Sonoma and just followed the directions. He is in our 5 gallon water cooler out on the patio table. I'm not too worried. It is freezing here by our standards and you use ice water, so I think it will be fine.
---The only thing I didn't get to was setting my table. I did want that to be completed already. Oh well. It's okay.
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I'm excited!

No comments:
Post a Comment