Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Take

Yes, we did watch the results show tonight.  It went, grudgingly, how I had hoped.  I say grudgingly because for me it was a no win situation with Brandy and Maks.  Here's my take:

--Brandy is not one of my favorites.  Can't really say why, she just doesn't click with me.  Being on the show and getting this far has truly helped her to re-start her career, BUT, I really like Maks and want him to win a title.  That being said, I didn't vote for them last night.  I had three phone lines to use and each one went to the other 3 dancers. 
BECAUSE:
--How can you not love Kyle Massey?  He is genuine, sincere, and charming.  Plus he has so much fun dancing.  There is a joy in him.  He truly loves life.
--Jennifer Grey.  She is the romantic, sentimental favorite and I've liked her from the beginning.  Besides those reasons, geez, can the woman dance or what?  Especially at 50 years old!  And let's face it, Derek is a great choreographer.  He knows how to play to the strength of his dance partner.
--Now Bristol.  A few weeks ago, I thought, okay, it's time for her to go.  But then she kept on staying and I had to ask myself  "why?".  I think people are sending a VERY STRONG message by voting for her.  And, yes, part of it is political.  I have to admit that I wouldn't be surprised if she won the whole thing and I don't think I'd have a problem with that.  She is (in her own words) not Hollywood.  She is a person who made some mistakes and is now out there telling others what they can do to not make the same ones.  She is religious and I think people are looking for a spiritual connection again.  She has worn modest costumes and been conservative in her dance routines.  I agree that part of her popularity is related to who her mother is and the whole Tea Party thing, but again, I believe it goes back to the people and the message they want to get across, and this is one way they can make their statement.  People are yearning for a return to our foundational principles.  I just have to say that it has surprised me that they are using this forum.  But, okay, it's great to see!

So.  Now I don't really care who takes the title.  I would be happy with any of the 3 couples left standing.  Romance, Fun, and Principles.  Not a bad combination!

This might be the last season we ever watch this.  There is quite a bit of 'buzz' to have same-sex couples dancing on the show.  If they go in that direction we are done. 

2 comments:

bBchronicles said...

Personally, I think the ENTIRE STATE OF ALASKA voted - probably opened the polls and headed over, just my opinion, however!!!!!

Jonah said...

Love that show!!!I made a new blog and lost all the files will you get me your email?