Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Our Fall Activities on a Saturday

Today we:

 Got the garden ripped out.
It's finally done.  A few straggler tomatoes and some herbs.
Do we grow a winter one?  I think I want a break.  Except for the herbs.  Love those.



Went to BBBeyond to get a shimmery bronze/brown tablecloth for Thanksgiving.  You can't beat it for $10.  I love when they have their linen on sale.  I'm going to mix a wheat and purple color napkins with it.

Got some more fall/winter candles.  I'm a sucker for candles of every kind.  Love them, have to have them, all over my house.  Pumpkin Pie is a luscious scent.  Another favorite is Sparkling Cinnamon and right now they are two of the fragrances of the month by Yankee at BBBeyond.  GREAT deal!  Go get some and fill your home with coziness.

 We did this all before and around and after the major event on a fall Saturday:  BYU football.
Jake Heaps is coming along and our receivers finally look like they can hold on to the ball.  A good win.  I thought it was cool that the teams prayed together after the game.  And it appears to me that Bronco is getting the LaVell scowl!
Then Christine met up with friends to go ice-blocking on the golf course hills, which wasn't a very good location choice so they ended up hanging out and watching a movie.  Duff attended the Worldwide Leadership Training this evening.  Changes in the Handbook.  Exciting to see what they are.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I actually almost bought that same tablecloth the other day! My table is SO big that I have a hard time sometimes finding the size I need, but they had some so I grabbed one. But, then I seemed to recall that I think I already have one in that color! So, I put it back. Now, I just need to check to see if I really do have one!

Have you ever tried Gold Canyon candles? OH MY. They are WAY BETTER than Yankee. I won't ever spend another dime on a Yankee candle after buying Gold Canyon. The scent lasts all the way through the entire candle - just as strong as it was from the beginning. And, they come with two wicks so they burn more evenly. Love 'em!

Cindy said...

Yes, I LOVE Gold Canyon. Only problem is we can only buy them through a distributor and they are hard to come by. I have a couple fall GC's left so I opted for a Yankee since it was easily available this time.