Christine will be 16 on Sunday and her friend, Addy, turned 16 last week, so they had a party.
We held it at Addy's house. These two have been friends since they were born while Julia and I visited in the 'Mother's Room' at church. They got baptized on the same day (along with Sarah Hurlbert, who was born the week before Addy), nursery, ballet lessons, soccer, etc. So it was only fitting that they celebrate together with some other friends.
The Birthday Girls
Pizza dinner, Muddy Buddies, Chex Mix, Vege Platter, Fruit Platter, Water, and Soda.
They decided to have a girl-friend party and have a Bunco tournament.
It was a big success!
(They decided no boys-no pressure this time. Interestingly I heard some of the other girls comment that they were glad there weren't boys. One even said, "I'm so glad because now I can eat!" I've noticed that. Why don't girls eat around boys these days? That just wasn't an issue when I was a teen...)
With a mutual friend, Sarah B.
Singing HAPPY BIRTHDAY. No cake. Just a big ole sheet pan of warm gooey chocolate chip cookie and everyone made their own Pizookie. It was a hit! Sometimes it's good to break with tradition.
After Bunco, they watched She's The Man, and had old fashioned movie popcorn in popcorn containers.
The girls did such a good job planning and shopping and executing their party. Julia and I monitored and visited in the living room, and.......
......the dads and Ben watached Friday night football. (of course!)











No comments:
Post a Comment