Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Done and Movin' On

THE TREE IS DOWN!  It's about time and it feels good.  I enjoyed it and the lights for almost an extra month but didn't feel one bit bad about packing it all up.  Duff put all the boxes up on the shelves, and I got everything else in the cupboards, swept out the garage, hosed off the driveway, and have a small pile left for the storage.  Now I can move on to other things like:
  • put my blog into books by year.  I've never done this so maybe I need a tutorial.
  • make binders of the kids elementary and middle school awards.
  • organize binders of family church ordinance documentation.
  • scan all the family photos, put them on discs, organize the negatives, and organize the prints I have into photo safe boxes and/or albums.  I have finally made my peace with the fact that I will never be a scrapbooker per se.  I have too many years (34) to do and it would take too much time.  Once upon a time I fashioned myself a Creative Memories poster mom with beautiful albums documenting everything in our lives.  It didn't happen and it's not going to now and I'm okay with it.
  • I have a closet with all kinds of projects (new and unfinished) to do.  I'm determined to get them done before I delve into other things.  We'll see how good I do at that!
Richard came over to watch the game with the guys and we had some steak and baked potatoes with garlic green beans for dinner.  BYU won and now we anxiously wait for Wednesday for the big game against SDSU.

Shaun is getting around a bit better.  Still tires easily, but every day some improvement.  Mike and Adrianne went to the valley to celebrate with Grandma Liz for her 90th birthday.  She is the sweetest most gracious woman.  Chris is getting herself to practices, road show, friends, and a test for APEuro today, yes Saturday, at the school.  We are getting used to her taking the car and it feels more normal now than not.  Josh and Meredith had dinner with friends and she is their ward choreographer for the road show.  She taught a new dance today at practice.  Our weather is in the 70's this week and beautiful. 

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Great goals! If you would like help with your blog books, let me know.