When I am in Utah I like to watch their morning show, Good Things Utah. My family rolls their eyes and thinks it's the hokiest program and I will agree with that only on the point of their opening dialogues. Once a segment was about caffeine energy drinks and which one was the best to drink to give you energy in the afternoon. Those kinds of beverages are not good for anybody anytime and perhaps I am very naive but I really hope people don't drink them. What's the difference between that and a cup of coffee if the reason you are drinking it is for the energy that comes from the caffeine?
Anyway--but I think the show is awesome at showcasing local groups, individuals, events, and their cooking and crafting segments. One day last week they had a guest giving tips on home organizing. I'm always interested in new ideas for that. She covered lots of areas and then came to the closet. It was all about the hangers. Did you know:
You should NEVER have these or the tubular plastic ones in your closet.
As soon as you get something home from the dry cleaners they should come off of these and onto a different one.
You are to only use wooden...
...or flocked.
Did you know any of this?
Am I the only one who has an inappropriate closet? Am I just out of the loop?
I looked up these hangers online and they are expensive.
So my question is:
What kind of hangers do you use?



9 comments:
plastic tube. I know they probably aren't THE BEST, but they are a heck of a lot cheaper! and they do the job. I'd be interested to know the reasoning you're supposed to use those expensive ones.
Thank You, Raechal. They didn't give a reason, which I was waiting for. It was just kind of like eveyone knows you shouldn't use 'these' hangers ever and if you have them get them out of your closet.
I am a definite offender on this one. I am dying to know why the plastic are so bad!
Plastic. I have all linen on the flocked hangers. They are nice and neat in the closet.
Plastic hangers. I guess Brandon's suits have nicer hangers...but they came with the suits (I'd probably never buy them otherwise)
We have the plastic ones too. I personally don't like the wooden ones or the fancy schmancy ones.
I've watched the Good Things Utah segment and I think they are just the Molly versions of Martha.
Just a thought...just because a "newscaster" says something is inappropriate, doesn't mean that it really is. Plastic tube hangars are just fine. :)
P.S. One of the reasons they were advocating changing to the wooden hangers is because they are biodegradable whereas the plastic ones are not. As for the wooden/flocked versus plastic, they supposed hold your clothes better.
I am a plastic girl too. I get rid of the dry cleaner ones fast because I HATE those...I only have a few things that won't stay put on a plastic hangars and nothing they have really ruined. I suppose I'll just keep living the lie....sigh....:)
Hi Cindy! I like wooden hangers, but just because they're pretty. (And you get get a set of them at Ikea for a lot cheaper than anywhere else I've seen them). But you can cram a heck-of-a-lot more stuff in your closet on the cheap plastic ones!
Post a Comment