
Yesterday was a GORGEOUS sunny day. It started with going to the Book of Mormon study class for RS enrichment at Jamie's (which I was teaching btw--yikes!) It meets twice a month and the lesson material is from the Preach My Gospel book.
I left from there and went to the church to begin the March visiting teaching report. I was the ONLY one there. I had to use codes and keys to get into the building and clerks offices. A little spooky/creepy being there all alone. I had the hardest time logging on to the computer. I finally had to call the ward clerk at work for help. Such a simple fix--use the keypad to the right not the numbers at the top. Duh--of course! I was there for about 90 minutes. I'm glad the walls and I have a pact to remain silent. I talked outloud to myself through every step! The MLS computer programs are VERY different than using a home computer.
I got home and had a hard time getting motivated to do the 'daily' stuff. When I leave first thing in the morning it's just harder for me to come home and get going again. I seem to lose my momentum. Anyway--finally got it together.
Christine had a TON of homework last night. And it was mutual night. So she was up until 11pm, poor girl. It was really hard for her to wake up this morning. We had dinner and then she was off for the activity and I left to train a new vt supervisor at 7:30. I made a couple of stops on the way home and ended up visiting way longer than I had planned, but it was so much fun to connect with people I love and haven't visited with in a while. So I got home around 9:45. I helped Christine with homework and then plopped into bed when she did.
At my first stop, it was totally dry when I knocked on the door. When I came out an hour later, it was pouring down rain! And it didn't stop. As I look out the window it is still drizzling here and I LOVE it. Everything is so green and beautiful. The timeless adage is true: April Showers Bring May Flowers. The rose bushes are busting with new growth and little buds are forming. The Calla Lilies are starting to bloom. The beginnings of purple flowers on the wisteria are coming. I am watching some blue birds playing in the misting. They are singing and happy.
Oh, but darn the snails! I have baited 3 times already and still they come! Time to bait again.
No comments:
Post a Comment