Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Thursday, April 3, 2008

IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR-------



It is that time of year to change the batteries in your flashlights and smoke detectors! For a long time dad and I couldn't figure out how to get on a good system for remembering to do this, and finally a friend shared this tip:

The weekend of General Conference is a great time to do that. We all have it on our calendars and it's easy to remember. It is a 6 month time frame (twice a year).

This is also a great time schedule to rotate your water storage. Empty barrels, drums, clean, and refill. Or if you are doing smaller storage, like the 2 1/2 gallon jugs from Costco, get some more and rotate those on to your counter or refrigerator.

Good Luck and GET IT DONE!

3 comments:

NephiGoodson said...

There's no place on your blog to send an e-mail,and I left a comment on your 9/19/07 entry but didn't hear back.

If you get a chance, write back at WayneVT@yahoo.com.

PS: Did you know that my picture is on your blog? Details when you write back!

Cindy said...

Wayne? Wayne Van Tassel??? Is that you??? I usually don't go back in my blog to see comments from months past, so I didn't see your comment. I had no idea your picture is on my blog??? Where is it...are you a photographer? Where are you these days?

NephiGoodson said...

Yeah, I'm me! It is so good to hear from you. I'll catch you up on me and then you have to tell me what you've been up to for ... has it been 30 years?

After graduating I went to BYU. After a single year I left to join the Navy, and was a nuclear reactor operator on a submarine for 6 years. After that I came back to BYU, graduating in chemical engineering in 1986. We then moved succesively to Sacramento, Columbus OH, Toledo OH and Ogden UT, where we have now lived for 8 years. I currently work in Salt Lake City.

In between jobs, I got married and had a family. (Actually, they are the absolute center of my life, but sometimes it seems like the job stuff is the most important!) My wife, Joyce, were sealed in the LA temple, and have been married for 31 years (yes, I got married when I was 19 and she was 21). We have 5 children and 3 grandchildren. Our oldest 3 girls have all graduated from the Y, and are married, one living in Magna UT, the second living in SLC while her husband finishes his doctorate in electrical engineering at the U, and the third lives with her husband near New York City. Our fourth child (our only son) is currently attending BYU after completing his mission last year to Dallas Texas, and our youngest is 13 and in 5th grade. We are particularly blessed, and sometimes I need to write it all down to realize how good the Lord has been to us.

I have often thought about you and your family. Times in high school were some of the most difficult and yet most memorable times in my life. Please say hi to your mom for me.

Wayne VanTassell
Email: WayneVT@yahoo.com

P.S. I almost forgot. I've been in the Tabernacle Choir for the past 6 years, so that is the picture of me on your website. (Obviously, I'm very small in that picture.) If you look in the bass section (farthest right), I'll be standing next to the left of the only 2 black men in the choir (as viewed from the congregation). I'm the one with the dark suit, white shirt, grey hair and glasses!) The kids in our ward play a kind of "Where's Waldo" with Brother VanTassell on General Conference Sundays!