Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

2008 Election


We've all voted. Duff and I and Mike this morning, Natalie and Robert 2 weeks ago with absentee ballot, Josh and Meredith this morning in AZ, Shaun at noon after his final proctored at Saddleback College, and Adrianne in an hour on her way home from work.

Whew.

It's been a full several months leading up to today. After we voted we went to do our shift starting at 11am to canvass those in our precinct who had not voted yet. We walked and knocked on doors and talked to them and handed out additional information on Prop. 8. Everyone Duff and I talked to today was very kind and thanked us. We meet again at 3pm for our last sign waving, make more reminder calls to vote until 5:30 and then our ward is having a dinner together at the DC courtyard to celebrate how hard we've all worked and fought for Prop.8. Kenney is having tv's and screens all around so we can watch the results. I don't think there is one of us who doesn't have a story to tell or hasn't been touched by this campaign.

I am grateful to have the opportunity to vote. Good job, family in leaving your print! I'm sure we'll all catch up later on today.

Love You--

1 comment:

Lisa Tucker said...

We have voted as well. We mailed them in over 2 weeks ago. The TV is on and prayer is contiunes!