
Okay. I cleaned the fireplace out yesterday. I really dislike that job, and it always falls to me, because nobody else cares if there are ashes in it.
My whole family loves the look and feel and idea of a real wood fire. But nobody takes care of the clean-up, the logs outside, the mess from bringing them in from out. Once the fire is going, I end up taking care of it and stoking it. I order the wood each year, except once when Mike did it.
I want to get a gas unit. We are already plumbed for a gas unit. Every time I bring this up the family goes ballistic! I grew up with a gas unit and loved it. It is clean, you still get the ambience, if I want to turn it on in the morning of a rainy, cold day, I can and then turn it off when I have to go run errands or something. If I start a 'real' fire, I have to wait for it to burn out.
We have a gas unit at the cabin, and I love it. Turn it on and enjoy!
Is emergency preparedness a factor in this? What if we needed to cook?
What do you think I should do?
5 comments:
Oh my you are wonderful to even think of not getting gas. I'm not sure that they'd ever clean it even if they say they will. Go with less stress, inconvenience, and cleaning! But that is just my selfish opinion.
I have no selfish opinion. I opt for the gas fireplace. I am also the one who has to do all the maintenance, the less mess I have to clean the better.
i'm not sure when the album will come...but hopefully before christmas!!! And the countdown continues till next week!!!!!
I say go gas. I LOVE mine. I turn mine on in the morning (when it's actually winter not 90 in November) and it warms up the downstairs nicely. You can even get a timer for it so it will come on in the morning before you get up and makes it nice and toasty for you when you do make it downstairs. GO GAS
I love gas fireplaces too. It's like a dog...everyone wants one but, n one wants to take care of it. :) You could still burn wood in it if there was an emergency & there was no gas. Good luck with your decision!
Post a Comment