Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Monday, July 13, 2009

The Dr. Says: This Is It

Got a call from Grandma while I was in the market. Wendy was rushed to the hospital again this morning at 4am in extreme pain. After being examined, the Dr. called the family together and told them that she has 24 hours to 30 days at the longest to live.

They are sending her home tomorrow depending on how she is so she can pass away at home. Hospice will come in to keep her comfortable until that time that she goes back to Heavenly Father. Auntie Tia is calm, resigned. Larry is emotional. After almost 9 years it is finally here. Wendy is aware of the situation and is mad. She wants to live. Russell and his family are there. Sherry and her family are there. Shelly and David are coming, I've been told. David just started a new job.

I've had this on my mind all evening. Getting her 'ready' to die. I remember when my little cousin was born. She was very sick at birth and Uncle Bob gave her a blessing and she lived. I remember that. Then I thought about us getting ready for Natalie's baby. We are excited; planning; getting things ready; making blankets; anxious for it to get here. It occured to me that that is probably what is going on on the other side of the veil. I wonder if those there have known she is 'coming' and have been excited; planning; getting things ready; anxious for her to get there. I think that is absolutely what is happening. I can picture Mamo and Daddo, Auntie Joann, Auntie Dolene, ChrisAnn all working together to greet her and introduce her to the next part of eternity. I've been feeling the veil between heaven and earth is thin tonight for me.

LOVE that girl!

8 comments:

Berta said...

Ohhhhhhh, that makes me CRY! The 'transition' - hard for us, a blessing for them. Ohhhhhhhhhh mannnnnnn.

Jennifer said...

This is so hard. Glad that we can share our feelings and emotions together by phone and through blogs. I would be mad to. How do you just resign yourself that you aren't going to live anymore when you are willing to fight to do so?

Leslie said...

I am so glad that your parents had been there to help Auntie Tia. You are so very lucky that they are so wonderful. This is so hard, hard for us all.

Lisa Tucker said...

Your words are so tender Cindy! I love you.

Sigie said...

Talked to Auntie Tia a little while ago and all the brothers and sisters are there at the hospital with Wendy. Timmy is flying home right now from Tennesee and Nick is on his way from Visalia. The spouses and their children are at home helping Auntie Tia with Uncle Bob.

I am so glad that Dad and I were there with Wendy at this time. We had planned to go to Wrightwood since March but were not able to go until this particular time. I believe that Heavenly Father knew that we were needed at this time in July for what has transpired with Wendy's life. She has always been a very delicate little girl since birth. She has such a sweetness and simplicity about her. Heavenly Father Knew that her time here on earth would be short, and she gave her love to all of us. As I held her in my arms a week ago and I felt the weakness of her body I knew that it would not be long

Last night at the hospital she asked Auntie Tia for a piece of paper and a pen, she said that she needs to get busy and write down the things that she would like to have done for her funeral.

This moring they had to increase her morphine as the pain was getting worse in her side where her liver is. We pray that she will not suffer too much. We all love her and know that our family in heaven is preparing for her arrival.

Hope this keeps all of you informed as to what is happening. I love you all.

Love Mom and Auntie

Linda Lu said...

Thank you Mom for the update on Wendy! I will keep her in my prayers and ask our Heavenly Father not to let her suffer any more! It is such a painful way to go! I am so glad that you and Daddy were able to be there to help Auntie Tia and to spend some time with Wendy! How special!

Love to all!

Linda Lu

Kristin said...

I feel so helpless being so far away right now. I can't wait to get home tomorrow so I can be in my own home, close to my honey and cousin and Auntie. We all love Wendy so much and this is painful for all of us. I, like Jen, am so grateful that we can stay close through blogs and such during this time. If I know my mom though, she's right there waiting for Wendy with open arms and to say, "yes, honey, that WAS me and my powder you smelled...I was always there with you. Come, let me take you to our Savior."

Julie said...

I don't read the blogs very often, but today I was so touched from reading yours.I had not thought of the preparation that way. How inspiring and yet still so devastating. We all love Wendy so much and I can't think of a time when I have seen Auntie Tia without Wendy by her side. I can't imagine how hard this must be for them and yet I know that Heavenly Father will walk with each of them as they pass through this. I love ya.

Julie Johnson