We got a call from John and Cathy asking if we wanted to meet them for dinner and a movie. Ah, it was already 4:45pm, and I had settled in my mind how I was going to spend a quiet evening at home. But Duff really wanted to go, so I pulled it together and we met them in Park City at 6. I'm so glad we went. We had the best time, but then again we usually do with them.
We had dinner at the Windy Ridge Cafe in the Ironhorse district. It is a small, quaint, little cafe. But the food is good, prices low to moderate, and the atmosphere is charming. We will definitely go here again. The bakery behind it is equally as charming yet sophisticated. This is where Cathy got all of the chocolate chip cookies for the welcome bags for the wedding guests. Some of the best cookies I've ever had, actually.We talked and talked and talked and talked until suddenly we realized it was 9 o'clock! Uh-oh. We had planned to go to a movie right after dinner. Duff got a call from Christine that she was on her way back to Jeremy Ranch with the Kleins, our pre-arranged cue to come to pick her up. She and Addy spent the afternoon touring Temple Square while the rest of the family was at the temple with Marshall.
She really liked it. There is something about doing that 'on your own' than when you are with a group/family. It can speak to you intimately. She enjoyed that. She got a SLTemple spoon for her collection and a CTR bracelet.
John and Cathy went to the theaters at Redrock and got all of the tickets, and we went to pick up Chris at the Klein condo, and made it back with plenty of time to spare to get some movie popcorn and some water.
Harry Potter. I have not read all of the books, so I thought it was a really good movie. It was drawn out some during the second half, but I think it was nicely done. They played up the romances which then factored into the plot with Slughorn.Oh, we haven't done a movie that late for a long time. We didn't get home until 1am and we will pay for it today. It's 10am and Duff and Christine are still asleep. But hey, we're on vacation, right?
1 comment:
Sounds like fun! Can't wait to see it.
Post a Comment