Everyone came over for breakfast with Grandma and Grandpa this morning.
We had belgian waffles with maple syrup, blueberries and raspberries, whipped cream, and blueberry syrup (or was it boysenberry?)... (I'd really like to get a waffle iron like this. It was totally cool!)
Doesn't that look scrumptious?
....eggs and bacon...
Adrianne had the cutest hat on. I had the song Smooth Criminal in my head all day long because of this hat. The cranberry/raspberry juice was good too.
...hash browns. We like ketchup with our savory breakfasts. Can you tell?
It was a fast, but fun morning. Everyone had to go and get Saturday things done, but that added to the pleasure of it. Grandpa and Grandma thought it was the best ever. They were very, very tired and overwhelmed from all they had been part of at Auntie Tia's. At one point they decided to stay until tomorrow. Then all of a sudden at around 1:30, Grandpa decided he needed to be 'home'. So they packed up and left. It's good it's only a 5 hour drive. I still was kind of worried though. My mom didn't want to go. She cried. She wanted to stay. She needed to rest. Her fibromyalgia was acting up and she was in a lot of pain. But they made it safely and now they can rest up. They worked hard in Wrightwood, and if that was my sister I would want to be there and help her too, so I completely understand.
It was way too hot for me today!
Christine and I went to Target to get a few things for her to take to EFY. They were having a great sale and she scored some nice things that she can use when school starts. I like accomplishing 2 things together.
She packed up and then left to get ready for the stake dance with friends. Whew. What a busy gal. I guess there was a bit of drama. That happens with girls.
3 comments:
Oaky, now that's making me real hungry!
Where did the waffle iron come from?
Your mommy sure looks tired. Poor sweet lady. Makes we want to just go take care of her!
Meredith brought it with them. It is her mom's.
Post a Comment