Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Nuthin'

Is is okay to be doing 'nuthin'?
We are having so much fun relaxing and doing nothing, we haven't even left the cabin since Monday. Naps, movies, reading, handwork, a little organizing things here and there, sitting on the deck.
Even Darla is not doing much of anything. She follows the sun around the great room and sunbathes. What a life!

We do have the blind company coming tomorrow to put new batteries in the blinds that are on a remote. The windows are huge and up high so we put them up and down with a remote control and the batteries are a lithium kind so we can't replace them ourselves--not that we would want to get up on that high ladder anyway. Too scary.
I finished up my last tropical bandage today. Humanitarian Services no longer takes them. So I have my last 7 to give to them and then I'm forever done with that little on-going project. I'm kind of sad about it. I wonder why they stopped asking for them?
So this is one of my new projects. I figured out how to do the crocheting around flannel baby receiving blankets and burpcloths. I read up and followed all my little pamphlets. If you crochet at all, this is the simplest project and gives a great result. I had bought a couple of little kits from the Quilted Bear a long time ago and never did them. Now with a baby coming, I decided I better get going!
(btw: Christine told me my picture taking is a little boring. She recommended that I take some pictures on an angle....haha)
Here is my first burp cloth. I finished row one, and just started row 2. I'll share the finished goods when they are done.
So here's to doin' not much of nuthin'.
The break has been nice.

6 comments:

Sigie said...

Your Mamu talents are showing more and more as you are getting older. You are getting better at crocheting than me. Your burp cloth looks great.

Went to the chickens twice today as it is so hot. 112 degrees so we had to go and cool them off, but dad and I were so hot that when we got home we were so wet from prespiring we could not believe it. The girls laid 10 eggs today in this heat. They are so cute. When we come in the gate they all run to see me and dad, they crouch down so we will pick them up and love them. We just love those little featherd girls. Dad sat down with the peeps where the girls used to be so we could get more friendly with them. They are a little skiddish but hopefully by the end of the month they will become more like the girls. Very loving.

Love, Mom

Jennifer said...

That picture of Darla is almost like a where's Waldo picture. She blends right in with the carpet.

Love the burpcloths. I would love a lesson!

Cindy said...

Thanks for the compliments. Jenn--it is soooo easy. You'll pick it up in a jiffy. Get a kit, pattern, and hook and I'll teach you next week.

Berta said...

"I dub thee, 'Domestic Goddess'!" Okay, now that that's taken care of - Martha skooch over! You amaze me - that crocheting is perfection. I want to do that too - that will be ONE OF OUR activities in October! BTW, can we get that on the calendar so I can tell my girls? Plus, we have to schedule in a play, concert - something else fun and different!

Cindy said...

darla looks likes she is dead in that pic.........anyone else agree?

Cindy said...

That was Christine commenting in that last one...