Pretty lights in the party tent at the beach!Today was an awesome day. Very busy, though. I was up early and out the door to go to the church to use the MLS program on the computer. I can only generate visiting teaching documents from that computer. It is a 'pain' to have to do it that way, BUT I understand why it is necessary. It just makes it more time consuming to have to go to the building, enter all the 'codes', keys, and information, do the printing, and then close and lock everything back up. Plus, I don't like to be down there alone. It can be a little scary all by your lonesome in there! Sometimes I talk Duff into going with me and he'll sit in the foyer and read a book.

We went to San Diego today. It was a long day. We had to leave at noonish and got home around 8pm, just in time for the Mia Maid party at our house. Duff's cousin was sealed to his wife in the temple there. Then there was a small reception in Laguna Beach at a really cool place right on the water for them. This has been a long time in coming. YEARS. The atonement has been in my thoughts. This situation has been a long one with probably more valleys than peaks. And today, we were all in the temple with them!
I felt deep gratitude for Christ and the atonement. Really, what would we do without it? I felt profound thanks for Father in Heaven who knew and structured the plan of salvation and happiness for us to succeed. I felt humbled at His patience with us here on earth. I felt happy when I thought of the Heavenly Grandstands full of our families and fellow saints cheering us on when we choose the right and when we stumble. I thought a lot about how the Lord can make good things come from tragedies.
A Great Celebration!We just keep going until we get it right! Thank goodness for the opportunity.
2 comments:
Are you the VT coordinator? Or RS secretary or pres? I like MLS much better than anything else I do but that is my same stumbling block. Our building is 30 minutes away, I have no keys, and two small kids. I've gotta think of ways to get down there more often.
I am the VT coordinator. It's a great calling.
Post a Comment