Last Wednesday, we had one of our RS activities in the evening. Our guest speaker was Kim G. Her subject was running errands.
Well, actually it was on being an errand runner.
An Errand Runner for the Lord.
I have thought a lot about this. I have been praying to know what errands I can 'run' for Him. To recognize them. To follow subtle promptings. I wonder sometimes if I listen all that well. I need to sharpen that skill. When we think about all the errands we run every day/week, how many include things that God wants us to do?
I was hand watering the new flowers I planted in my side yard on Friday. My neighbor's son came out and was loading some things in his car. He got out of prison about 6 months ago. I said hi. We started chatting. He opened up to me about his parole restrictions. It came around to the subject of drinking. I felt prompted to talk to him about the word of wisdom. Normally I would NEVER do that! But I kept thinking about the errand-runner message and so I ventured waaaay out of my comfort zone. We talked about what it might be like for him to not need alcohol to take off that 'edge' he gets. It was a concept he hadn't thought about in a really long time. I told him I would pray for him to be successful and that God loves him and he has a new chance now to put his life back in a better way. He was really touched. I don't know how it will turn out, but I was wondering how many people could use a reminder that Heavenly Father does love them. I know I do.
So what 'errands' will I be running today, and maybe I can combine some of 'mine' with 'His'.

1 comment:
What a sweet experience. Thank you for sharing it.
Post a Comment