Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Friday, May 7, 2010

Surf City--Here We Come (Sing to Beach Boys...)

Regular Friday stuff, and then headed out to Huntington Beach for the Surf City Lacrosse tournament.  Christine's team is seeded #1 in the highest division.  Yikes.  I didn't realize that until I finally printed out the tourney paper.  No pressure....!  This is when being the mom of a goalie is so hard.  My nerves are fried.

They won all their games tonight.  Didn't get home until now and she has to be back at the bus tomorrow morning at 5:45am!  They play in the first game at 8 tomorrow morning.  She is tuckered out and sound asleep, and I am being the nervous mom making sure all the uniforms and such are washed, dried, and packed for tomorrow's early call.

It was freezing down by the beach tonight.  The kind of moist cold that just goes right through you.  The last game was so down to the wire, that we parents stayed warm by jumping up and down and yelling encouragement to our team.  And now I'm exhausted...

The spring weather has been really pretty this week.  My geraniums are all out and blossomed with huge red, orange and pink balls of flowers.  I got everything watered and fertilized today.  I'm feeling the urge to plant begonias and daisies.  They are such happy flowers!

No comments: