Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Never Fails

We spent all afternoon and into the evening here today.
I needed it, and didn't even realize how much so until I walked in the doors.
I've been so consumed lately with getting things 'done'; keeping up on this and that.  I almost didn't even go today because there was plenty on my 'list' to keep me away.  Hmmm, I wonder who was 'sponsoring' those feelings....But as soon as I left the recommend desk I lost all track of time and anything else urgent on my mind. Even after we left, all the pressing items on my list fell into a different priority or melted off entirely.  Some things I have been worrying about seemed to be calmer inside my heart.
We did baptisms and confirmations and then an endowment session.
We saw lots of sweet people we knew from our Westminster days:  The Markhams, Terrys, Wilsons.  Friends who helped shape us by their friendship and examples while we were a young married couple with young children.
The simple fact is, the Temple Never Fails.
It will always be worth whatever it takes to go there.

1 comment:

Lisa Tucker said...

I agree with those thoughts. Nothing like the Temple feeling when you walk in. I soak it all in of the sweet spirit the Temple brings.