Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Friday, March 16, 2012

Daily Q

Question:  What do you think is your major focus in the next few years?  Why?

Answer:  Keeping my spirituality steady and growing.

I can do better in the basics.  Right now I'm in a place where I'm doing enough to get by.  I've been feeling that this will not be sufficient for the future.  My roles have been added to.  Wife, Mother, Mother-in-law, Visiting Teacher, Stake Primary President, Sister, Sister-in-law, Aunt, Daughter, Cousin, Friend, Grandmother.

I got my hair cut and weaved this week.  My hairdresser and I were talking about her choice not to have children.  She and her husband think the world is bad enough and don't want to bring children into it.  They like the freedom of just the two of them to do what they want when they want to.  That eliminates the Mother and Grandmother roles.  They think that being Christian in your heart is all you need instead of organized religion.  That eliminates visiting teaching, callings, etc.  One can be active in the other roles as is convenient.  One can be involved in those depending on what is happening in your life.  It was a really good conversation.  It opened my eyes more to how much of the world views living life nowadays.  I realized that the God given roles in my life are shrinking by the world's standards.  I am in a growing minority.

I will need stronger spiritual reserves to perform in these capacities.  If my focus is Christ and Gospel centered I can fill these with an increased perspective.

No comments: