Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Daily Q

Question:  Who is always there when you need them?

Answer:  Several people.  When I first pulled this out of the jar, no 'one' name stood out for me.  I concluded that is a good thing.  There are different people for different things.  Here is a list in no particular order:

--Our home teacher.  Been our home teacher for 18 years. 
--My visiting teacher.
--My Hubby.
--My parents.
--My sister, Lisa.
--My Children.
--Duff's sisters.
--Heavenly Father.  I had an experience with prayer earlier this week.  Everyone else had gone to bed.  I sat in the dark upstairs alone in the bonus room reviewing and thinking.  It was quiet finally.  I knelt down to pray.  I'm fairly consistent with my prayers, but this was one of those times when I just let all the exterior fall off and really got to the heart of several matters.  I felt especially exposed emotionally and spiritually.  I didn't realize until much later the next afternoon that many of the things I had prayed about the night before had been addressed during the course of the day.  Nothing with big fanfare or aplumb but small and simple.  There was a moment where time seemed to stand still--briefly--and I knew He knew and was aware and was guiding me along.  It was a feeling of peace, empowerment, love, nuture, acceptance, faith, encouragement.

No comments: