Another great Ward Conference. Some of the best talks in sacrament meeting I've heard in a while. So much so, that I've asked for copies of them.
My meetings started early. It has been a long Sunday. During ward conferences, we stagger the blocks of meeting times differently for each ward in their buildings allowing time after the conference for some training and evaluation with each organization. By the time I was done with this last portion I had already spoken twice, conducted 2 meetings, and attended 3 other meetings. I got home and changed my clothes about 1pm. The kids asked me if I was going to church today. They didn't even know I'd been up, gone by 8:15am, and back home already! They had all slept in with the time change last night. Haha! Since we meet last this year, our block began at 2 this afternoon. We will do that for one more week to accomodate another ward conference and then have our own conference on the 25th.
Everyone got home about 5:30ish and we had a quick dinner because Duff and I had another meeting at 7 for the Stake Missionary Conference. It was an informative meeting, but I will admit that at this point of the evening when the opening prayer was said, I had a hard time opening my eyes. I popped a piece of mint gum in my mouth and that revived me. Hooray for mint gum. Haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment