Question: What were you like when you were a kid?
Answer: From my perspective looking back, I was more on the quiet side. I was a homebody when I was kindergarten age. I didn't really like going to school at first. I warmed up to it and loved school from then on.
I was a bookworm. I could read and read and read and read. I couldn't get enough of it. I loved to play with beads and string. I was tiny and very blonde. I loved my dollies. I loved to play house. I was a bit on the quiet side. I took dance lessons at Linkletter Totten. A van came to pick me up once a week. I did ballet, tap, tumbling, and baton. I really liked it. Then I got sick with Scarlet Fever and had to stop. I never did get back into it. I took piano lessons from my Auntie Thaya. I loved to play the piano but didn't like practicing the father along I got into it. My next teacher was Dora Curtis. She was nice, but demanded a lot and I just begged and begged to quit. Now I wish I hadn't. Typical story you hear from so many people.
I always had a keen sense of right and wrong and never wanted to be on the side of error. I did steal a piece of bubblegum once from the 7-11 up the street from my house, and my mom marched me right back up there and to my embarrassment made me admit it to the clerk and pay the penny for it! Haha. I had a good mother to do that. I can still remember it vividly and the lesson wasn't lost on me.
This question has jogged a lot of memories for me. I will have to expand on them in some later posts.

No comments:
Post a Comment