Packed and out the door.
I slept from Cajon Pass to Las Vegas. How did that happen? I must have really relaxed and been out. That's okay, because that's the worst part of the drive for me anyway. It made the trip seem shorter.
I like these kinds of drives where Duff and I can just be silent or have whatever conversation we want. I read a magazine and some of Daughters In My Kingdom. I read a great interview with the general RS President, Julie B. Beck. I have always liked and admired her. The first time I met her was about 15 years ago at a regional training meeting when I was serving on the stake YW board. I was so impressed with her calm demeanor yet commanding presence in conducting the meeting. She deferred to the brethren respectfully, but was clearly in charge. I also remember the scriptural knowledge she had and how she wove that together with the YW program. I've observed those same qualities as she has led the Relief Society. She has served for a while now and I have a feeling she may be released soon. When that happens, I will miss her direction and personality a lot. She is strong in a very loving but direct way.
All things at the cabin were in order. We were greeted by two dead mice right in the great room. Completely normal for being in the mountains, but always makes me let out a little scream. We stopped at the grocery store on our way in and grabbed a few things for some dinner and breakfast tomorrow. I reset the clocks, and turned on the Christmas tree. It is always Christmas in Midway! We are settled in.
No comments:
Post a Comment