Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Friday, July 17, 2009

Hall Wedding BBQ

Tonight was the friends and family bbq for Heather's wedding at their cabin in Promontory. I've never been part of a destination wedding before. Everyone invited has had to travel to come to Park City.
We got a welcome bag for each of us filled with goodies to enjoy our stay in Park City. We were treated to an amazing catered buffet tonight. It was all good, but our favorite was the Utah Trout. At first I thought it was a thin salmon, which is one of my very 'mostest' favorite fish. But nope--it was good ole Utah Trout, and man let me tell you it was delicious.

All the paper goods were 'green'. Plates and flatware: wooden. What looked like acrylic cups were made of corn and were compostable after using. Even these thin wooden papers to wrap your ice cream and brownies with chocolate sauce in. I'd never seen anything like it. Totally Cathy and Heather, though. Bride and Groom ready to go and all the details are in order. Tomorrow night will be lovely. We're looking forward to it. It's so fun to see all the different styles of people. Heavenly Father was so smart!

I'm off to bed. We have to pick up Christine at 7am tomorrow.

2 comments:

Lisa Tucker said...

Interesting. A green wedding. Please wright the details when you can. Photos as well.

Cindy said...

Well, I don't know about the wedding this evening and the reception. But the dinner last night was. I'm taking my camera tonight.