Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Check. Check. Check....

Well, she did it. Christine pulled her true, first 'all-nighter'. She is very proud of herself. I, on the other hand went to bed at 11:30, and couldn't go to sleep because I kept hearing her up, and I think the last time I looked at the clock it was 1:20am. The next thing I remember, is her bouncing into my still very dark bedroom at 4:40am telling me it was time to get up. I asked myself WHY, why did I book that early moring flight? I know better than to do that. I'm not a morning person! But I dragged my sorry, sleepy self up and out of bed. Thankfully, I had laid out my clothes last night and I didn't have too much to think about to get ready.
Mike picked us up and drove us to the airport. No traffic at all. Why would there be? It was, after all, 5:15am. Duh. I did notice how beautiful the sunrise was. Wow. And to think I miss that everyday. Maybe I should re-think my sleeping habits! Then I could see the sunrise and the sunset each day..... I don't remember much of the flight. Christine and I both fell asleep right up to the landing. Duff met us and he sure was a wonderful sight. He even shaved--just for me! I'm not much of a scruff person.

He took care of:
--Shaun moved and settled. Check.
--Natalie and Robert moved and settled. Check.
--Kitchen faucet. Check.
--Hosting: Kevin, Nathan, and Deanna. Check.
--Entertained: John H. and John O. Check.

I took care of:
--High school registration. Check.
--Orthodontist. Check.
--Mere's birthday. Check.
--Christine's new calling. Check.
--Some school shopping for her. Check.
--Temple baptisms for her, and new recommend for me. Check.

Josh and Mere got here and she has been sewing/crafting up a storm. He has been doing whatever and relaxing. His first job as an attorney starts on September 1st! Pictures to come. Mike and Adrianne are holding down the fort at home. Missing them.

2 comments:

Linda Lu said...

GOOD MORNING.....! Don't you just love it? I despise those all nighters, and who pays for it in the end? Both of you! Have a wonderful time in UT!

Love ya!

Cindy said...

wow mom......i have pulled A LOT of all nighters.......so its not my 'true first' all nighter