Clean sheets on the bed before I leave.
Finished my last hemstitched receiving blanket. The really cute one with a blue background and bubbles all over it and a random yellow duckie here and there. I chose a yellow background and crocheted it with a small yellow scalloped edge to complement the roundness of the bubbles and duckies. SO CUTE! And I have no camera for a picture! Although I am getting closer....
Duff took me to the airport. BooHoo! and Yay! all in the same emotion. Leaving people and a place I love to go home to people and a place I love!! Christine and I get to go to her first High School registration today. Tummy butterflies. Then the ward beach party, baptisms for the dead, and back to U-tah for Swiss Days and the last summer fling.
Josh and Mike picked me and Darla up in Long Beach, and the going home traffic cooperated nicely. Pretty much a straight shot with no slow downs. The nicest surprise when we walked through the door: Meredith had dinner just about ready with her trusty assistant, Adrianne! Do I just love these gals or what? Did I hit the jackpot with them? You betcha! It was wonderful. Vegetable medley, pasta with alfredo, tomatoes, and red pepper flakes, and garlic bread. One of those Welcome Home 'comfort' occasions. After we talked at the table way after we finished eating, we moved to the family room and kept talking. The six of us and Darla spread out on the couches and floor.
Mike and Adriannie left around 9:15 to get home and get ready for work today, and right after they left he called to remind us of the scheduled power outage from 10pm--6am for repairs and upgrades. We looked at the clock and realized we had 35 minutes of electricity left. Mere and Christine ran for the showers, Josh and I cleaned the kitchen, and Christine filled the flashlights with all new batteries. I trimmed wicks in the jarred candles. Josh got the lighter ready. Then we all met in my bedroom. I finished washing my face and was in the middle of brushing my teeth when right on schedule everything went out. Not a speck of light in the whole community.
It was quite an adventure. The kids layed on my bed playing with flashlights while I finished my teeth and lit some candles. Had family prayer (which a nameless teenager told me was too long...haha...remember those days...) and Josh and Mere went down to bed. Christine and I did some reading by flashlight for awhile. The outage made her nervous so she slept with me until the lights came back on sometime this morning and then made her way to her room because she informed me I snore. I guess after all these years Duff has rubbed off on me!
So now I'm off to finish paperwork and head to the high school. Oh man. High school again. I think I'm ready...
1 comment:
You're ready! Just think, four more years, and off to college. I just sent Sarah, my baby, off to HAWAII, (yes, Hawaii) for college at U of H @ Manoa. Can you believe it? She gets to go to Hawaii before I do! Now I have an excuse to go on vacation. Sounds like you have a very busy schedule going on!
Love ya!
Post a Comment