Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tuesday on Wednesday

It was such a beautiful day yesterday. The sky the most gorgeous blue with high clouds. The sun was brilliant making all the colors, especially green, just pop. The temperature couldn't have been more perfect. It was a nice backdrop to sit on the deck and do nothing but soak it up. That being said, I did have to do laundry. Haha!

Duff and I went down to Provo for the BYU sports something-or-other where they sell extra sports wear/shoes/used practice jerseys etc. in the indoor practice field. Then outside in the practice area they had all kinds of booths set up, live music in an amphitheater, beverages, and a very long line for autographs. We got our new posters for the football season for the family bulletin board in the hallway here and Duff scored big! He got an actual football helmet from the team. It has all the scratches, award stickers (on the field and academic), and is pretty cool. It will go in the game room. We were told it was a certain player, but we need to verify that before I put it on the blog. But the initials are D.P. Any guesses???

I learned something new. I thought a football helmet was a football helmet. Oh contrare! There are different face masks, different necklines, different ones for special teams, linemen, receivers. Who knew? It seems that men know, and they know which players by name wear which kind.
I'll have to be more observant.

We had a great dinner at P.F. Chang's and then got cupcakes from the Sweet Tooth Fairy Bakeshop. All was well until 11pm when Robert left for the airport to pick up his sister. Duff went with him and about 1/2 an hour into their departure we get a call that they are completely stopped, car off and everything on Parley's. They didn't move for 2 1/2 hours. I finally got another call from them saying not to wait up it was going to be late. Late translated into 3:30am! There had been a horrible accident that resulted in life flight choppers and the works. On Parley's I've never seen or heard of a minor accident. They are always major ones it seems. Thank goodness for cell phones! In the 'olden days' Deanna would have been sitting at the airport worrying.