Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Pot Pourri

Good news. I got a new camera today. It is charging as we speak. After a lot of information and questions, I decided on a Nikon S630 Coolpix. And I even got it on sale at Best Buy. I narrowed it down between the Nikon and the Canon. 7 zoom and 12 megapixels. It is hard to believe that we paid more than double for our current broken Canon 5 years ago and it is only a 2 zoom and 4 megapixels. Wow. The gal who helped me is a photographer and a camera repair person as well as working at the store. So I felt I could trust her judgement.

Before that, we went to the Wilk. Meredith and I went to Beehive Clothing, and to get some ribbon and an outfit for the baby. The guys and Christine went with Shaun to get his new ID, school books, and some Y sweats. We saw the Miyaharas, Koellikers, Gregsons, and Morgan Luedtke. That out of the way, we headed to the other side of campus to the Athletics office. Duff had to meet up with the Cougar Club guy. Mr. V. Ohhhh, myyyy. His office looks out right on to the practice field. That would be an awesome view at your job every day, huh! We ended up leaving with an autographed, framed 5 picture piece of the last play of the BYU/Utah football game, November-2006. Beck to Harline in the end zone. It's pretty awesome, I have to say. Mr. V. asked if we would like to see it from THE balcony. He took us through the coaches conference room out to their balcony where they can watch the practices from. Mere and Chris got a picture that I will have to get from them to post. It was so exciting. We got invited back for the practice tomorrow. I'm not sure how many of us will be able to go. But I think it's for sure on Duff's schedule.

A pick of cupcakes from Sweet Tooth Fairy Bakeshop, and then the guys went home with Kevin B. and Meredith and I finished up our errands. Lowe's for a new kitchen faucet and lightbulbs, BBB for a dvd box, BBuy for the camera, Target for a few school things for Christine, and pre-folded diapers for burpcloths, pj pants for Duff, and then to American Quilting in Orem. Oh, hyperventilate. THAT is a fun store! I'll just take one of everything, and wrap it up, thank you! I've been noticing that felted wool is really in style now. I've decided I like it. We were very good and left after 20 minutes or we could have really been in some serious craft/sewing trouble. Boy, did we miss Adrianne and Natalie.

Natalie is still having some trouble with her blood sugar. She has been very strict with her diet, to the T. But it tanks way too low each day now and she has to pop a hard candy. it will be interesting to see what the dietician says on Monday. I'm sure they will need to adjust things.

The men got the chicken ready while we were still gone and Mere put all the enchiladas together when we got back. I picked and tidied up and sat down to dinner pretty quick. She makes some really good enchiladas. Guys are watching the start of fall football, and I'm headed for a bubble bath in my soaker tub and listen to the crickets.

4 comments:

bBchronicles said...

CINDY-BABE -
ARE YOU BACK IN UTAH? :o)

Cindy said...

Yes-sir-ee!!! Come down!!!

Grandma Kowallis said...

Gosh, if I would have known you were going to be at your cabin, we could have gotten together. We were in Utah from the 26th until the 31st. We even came up to Heber on Sunday to look at our property. We went to church with Diane & Doug Cottle. They live in Heber. Ron hasn't seen your cabin and we talked about someday getting together. We'll have to plan better next time.

Love,
Lisa K

Sigie said...

Sounds like we will have to try that place out when daddy and I come up.