Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Monday, August 24, 2009

I Can Feel The End Of Summer Coming....sigh

I woke up to the phone ringing. It was the Tupperware lady! She was on her way over to deliver my 'order'. A new lid/seal for my sugar canister and a set of measuring cups. What? At this time of the morning on a summer day???? Christine still doesn't know she came.

I didn't feel so good most of the day. Bad headache, and some stomach issues. Guess I have a touch of the flu. So Chris and I scrapped our plan for some school shopping. We did get some cute, cute basics and tops ordered from Layers on line. Then we went to her room and I bagged and separated while she cleaned out all her drawers and closet. We have a considerable pile for DI and a nice one to take to Utah for Elizabeth (a cousin). The end of the Ltd. 2 era. Sigh. Biggest dilemna: does she keep or get rid of those 'bright' girls camp pajamas??? She won't wear them ever again, but OH! the memories.

This actually ended up being a great alternative to the shopping. Now we know exactly what she needs.

We made and took dinner to a family in the ward. I took Chris with me. Hard thing watching/helping a family member who is passing on.

We had our own dinner of Sunday leftovers, and watched The Closer season finale, along with a gymnastics series she had dvr'd. Glad I watched along with that one! It generated some 'discussion'.

I'm torn these days. I'm enjoying these last days of summer (in spite of the humidity), but find myself anxiously awaiting autumn! How about you?

...missing a camera...

6 comments:

Erin said...

I hope you are feeling better today. I LOVE fall and can't wait for it to come, well as much of it as we get here in So Cal. I think I might have found the blanket tutorial you were asking about: http://juicy-bits.typepad.com/juicy_bits/2009/03/83-baby-blanket-gift-set-part-1.html

Let me know if this is it.

Cindy said...

Yes!!! Erin, that is exactly the one I was missing. Have you tried it yet?

Thank You!

Kristin said...

fall is in the air here in the desert in the am. it isant real cool yet but you can tell its comming . i like fall here in az. such lovely weather . cant belive next week is september all ready. time sure goes by faster and faster not just because i am older . oh well tell everyone hello and we miss seeing them clint

Victoria said...

I don't know what to think about summer being almost over...

The Clems said...

sister duffy! so good to hear from you! i cant believe you know tayolor. what a small world! hope all os well with you and your family! hope you dont mind me checking out your blog! :)

Deidre said...

The part about the jammies really made me laugh. Such is the dilemma of organization!