1 Kings 9:3
"And the LORD said unto him...I have hallowed this house, which thou hast built, to put my name there for ever; and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually."
Today was the dedication of the Gila Valley Temple in Safford, Arizona.
All regular church meetings were cancelled in the whole state and everyone was to attend the dedication who had a reommend. When we got to Az. on Friday we received our tickets/recommend from my parents bishop who came over to Lisa's for our interview.
It is a beautiful temple. They have waited a long time for a temple in their area. This is where President Spencer W. Kimball grew up. He would be thrilled at having a temple here.
We went to the 9am session. It was the first one, and where they set the cornerstone.
Lisa got a hanky for each of us.
The spirit was especially strong.
I am so grateful for temples.
Our lives and families--individually and collectively--are blessed because of them.
Elder Costa was there as part of the leadership. He was the visiting authority at one of our stake conferences when Duff was in the Stk. Presidency. I met him briefly at the dinner before the Saturday evening session of the conference. But I will never forget his remarks as he opened his talk on Sunday morning. I felt as though they were specifically meant for me. Shaun had just come home from his mission with his health problems, Mike was still floundering--so to speak--and I was feeling very burdened and a failure as a mother. Elder Costa wanted us to turn to D&C 100:16. We quote this scripture a lot but only use the part "be still and know that I am God." He wanted to emphasize the first part of the scripture: "All flesh is in my hands.." Heavenly Father does know His children and what they are going through. ALL of them. I needed to be 'still' and listen to the promptings of the Holy Ghost and have patience on the Lord. Things will work out--on His timetable and wisdom. That was a 'light-bulb' moment for me. I'm sure I wasn't the only person in the conference that needed to hear/learn that. But it was one of those moments where it sunk in not only to my mind, but pierced my heart. That scripture and new perspective of it has gotten me through many a day.
Elder Costa was there as part of the leadership. He was the visiting authority at one of our stake conferences when Duff was in the Stk. Presidency. I met him briefly at the dinner before the Saturday evening session of the conference. But I will never forget his remarks as he opened his talk on Sunday morning. I felt as though they were specifically meant for me. Shaun had just come home from his mission with his health problems, Mike was still floundering--so to speak--and I was feeling very burdened and a failure as a mother. Elder Costa wanted us to turn to D&C 100:16. We quote this scripture a lot but only use the part "be still and know that I am God." He wanted to emphasize the first part of the scripture: "All flesh is in my hands.." Heavenly Father does know His children and what they are going through. ALL of them. I needed to be 'still' and listen to the promptings of the Holy Ghost and have patience on the Lord. Things will work out--on His timetable and wisdom. That was a 'light-bulb' moment for me. I'm sure I wasn't the only person in the conference that needed to hear/learn that. But it was one of those moments where it sunk in not only to my mind, but pierced my heart. That scripture and new perspective of it has gotten me through many a day.






1 comment:
I loved the dedication! I am so greatful to have shared it with you and Duff. It was amazing!
Post a Comment