Once upon a time when we lived in north OC, our ward youth always did a service project each year of delivering Christmas cards to the ward members. We all prepared our cards and put them in decorated boxes in the foyers starting the week after Thanksgiving. The YM divided them up and put them in routes. The YW put the youth into groups and provided refreshments for after the mutual delivering activity. I really liked this because it saves so much time and money and everyone always enjoyed begin caroled to and opening the cards.I was pleasantly surprised last week when I was handed a flyer by one of the families in our ward here and they and another family are going to do this as a service project. So I got all my cards for the ward done today and I will put them in the box on Sunday. They are going to do delivering on Monday for FHE.
Thank You Earls and Drassos!
No comments:
Post a Comment