Update: Adrianne had to work until 2pm. Mike came over earlier. Mere ran to finish up some shopping early. Josh slept in. Duff went to the chiropractor. I started in on the side dishes for dinner. Christmas music was going. Darla greeted everyone as they came and went. In the air was the feeling of Christmas!

Miss Darla all decked out in her holiday finest. New red sweater, Christmas scarf, and new red bling collar! We had appetizers around 3pm and then headed at 4 to Target to do our 20/20: each person gets $20 and 20 minutes to buy for members of a family that Duff and I 'find' that need some additional holiday cheer. It always takes longer than 20 minutes, and we always go 'over budget'.
Finally time to sit down and enjoy our Christmas dinner. Didn't Adrianne and Christine do a great job on the table? l-r: Shaun, Josh, Adrianne, Mike, Duff.Menu: Prime Rib, funeral/cheesy potatoes, green beans, rolls, butter, jam, raspberry pretzel salad.
Griffin, Katrina (mid-sentence), Christine, Meredith. I think this was the hysterical conversation between the males and females about Twilight and Edward! OH! Did we ever laugh! Katrina is making her point, and I might add, she did a very good job on behalf of all of us 'gals'.
Snowmen and Candles
The Carolers on the mantle.
Hope. One of the great blessings Christ brings us.
The 3 Wisemen bringing their Gifts. What do we 'bring' to the Christ child?
Lots of laughter tonight! Griff and Katrina fit right in. The 3 young couples hit it off so well. What is it about holidaydinners around the table? It seems to bring up lots of famous family stories. They are well known and remembered, but somehow always get retold at a holiday dinner table. Like the one when I got exasperated with Duff over the kids arguing about a pork chop and tossed my plate. Or the one where Aunt Julie flipped everyone off over the honey being on the table. They all involve a frustrated mother/father with kids. I'm glad they are so funny now! Maybe it's because kids like to know that even parents are human too and we can make a mistake and learn from it and life goes on! Last night we were laughing until our sides ached. I think it aids in digestion, right?!
Katrina explaining why she has 2 anniversaries! Okay. See my point. Families love the stories that make us who we are! l-r: Katrina, Christine, Meredith
Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus have arrived. We are listening to Santa getting us ready to sing. He chose Jingle Bells and brought the bells to accompany our family 'choir'. Haha! Shaun and Christine answered the call and jingled the bell straps. l-r: Josh, Shaun, Mere, Christine, Adrianne.
He's made his list, and checked it twice! And has brought us a little gift to get ready for tomorrow! Everyone has to sit on his lap. Mrs. Claus hands out goodies from her kitchen.
Griffin, Katrina (mid-sentence), Christine, Meredith. I think this was the hysterical conversation between the males and females about Twilight and Edward! OH! Did we ever laugh! Katrina is making her point, and I might add, she did a very good job on behalf of all of us 'gals'.
Snowmen and Candles
The Carolers on the mantle.
Hope. One of the great blessings Christ brings us.
The 3 Wisemen bringing their Gifts. What do we 'bring' to the Christ child?
Lots of laughter tonight! Griff and Katrina fit right in. The 3 young couples hit it off so well. What is it about holidaydinners around the table? It seems to bring up lots of famous family stories. They are well known and remembered, but somehow always get retold at a holiday dinner table. Like the one when I got exasperated with Duff over the kids arguing about a pork chop and tossed my plate. Or the one where Aunt Julie flipped everyone off over the honey being on the table. They all involve a frustrated mother/father with kids. I'm glad they are so funny now! Maybe it's because kids like to know that even parents are human too and we can make a mistake and learn from it and life goes on! Last night we were laughing until our sides ached. I think it aids in digestion, right?!
Katrina explaining why she has 2 anniversaries! Okay. See my point. Families love the stories that make us who we are! l-r: Katrina, Christine, Meredith
Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus have arrived. We are listening to Santa getting us ready to sing. He chose Jingle Bells and brought the bells to accompany our family 'choir'. Haha! Shaun and Christine answered the call and jingled the bell straps. l-r: Josh, Shaun, Mere, Christine, Adrianne.
He's made his list, and checked it twice! And has brought us a little gift to get ready for tomorrow! Everyone has to sit on his lap. Mrs. Claus hands out goodies from her kitchen.l-r: Mrs. Alice Claus, Duff, Mr. John Santa Claus
The Claus's with Mike and Adrianne.
Mr. and Mrs. C with Josh and Meredith
Jolly Old St. Nick with his sweetheart and Christine.
Griffin and Santa having a moment!
Katrina so polite with The Claus's.
...and then she thanked Santa by giving him a hug! Santa was so happy and Griff got a little 'jealous'! Not really, but it sure got us all laughing some more! Happy times. Good times.
Griff and Katrina were next with a story from the Friend about Mr. Jinks Hands Out the Holly. It was now time for Duff to read the true Christmas Story from the scriptures. The spirit was strong. We moved to the family room where we watched Mary Did You Know, and yes I cried like I always do! Then we knelt and Duff offered our family prayer. He thanked Heavenly Father for His son and all our blessings specifically and then asked for individual blessings for each one of us there. What a sweet experience.
The Claus's with Mike and Adrianne.
Mr. and Mrs. C with Josh and Meredith
Jolly Old St. Nick with his sweetheart and Christine.
Griffin and Santa having a moment!
Katrina so polite with The Claus's.
...and then she thanked Santa by giving him a hug! Santa was so happy and Griff got a little 'jealous'! Not really, but it sure got us all laughing some more! Happy times. Good times.Santa had to get on his way. Mrs. Claus had some hot chocolate ready and waiting in the sleigh so he would be warm for his trip around the world. Griffin got a new camera and he was snapping away. He is the one who got the group shot of all of us together, so I'll have to wait until he sends it to me. It's pretty cute.
We all went back to the living room and had our program about the real reasons we celebrate the Christmas Holiday. This year we tweaked it a little by having each person or couple contribute. So we started with Mike and Adrianne who read the quote by Howard W. Hunter about mending a quarrel, forgiving someone, etc. Then Shaun read a story about The Gift of Love and helping others. Meredith and Josh did a presentation about a story that it is more blessed to give than to receive.
Christine played a Christmas song by RachelRicchio that Sister McD. wrote a few years ago. It was just the right touch. Then I had a Christmas quiz for everyone. We all learned a lot of things that we thought we knew, but didn't!
Griff and Katrina were next with a story from the Friend about Mr. Jinks Hands Out the Holly. It was now time for Duff to read the true Christmas Story from the scriptures. The spirit was strong. We moved to the family room where we watched Mary Did You Know, and yes I cried like I always do! Then we knelt and Duff offered our family prayer. He thanked Heavenly Father for His son and all our blessings specifically and then asked for individual blessings for each one of us there. What a sweet experience.The guys did the dishes, each taking their turn at the sink washing! Thank You men that we love! and we girls headed upstairs to my very holiday messy bedroom to wrap up the gifts for 'our' special family. We kept hearing towels snapping and laughing coming from the kitchen, but I guess in fairness, we had our own female bonding going on upstairs too!
G & K got on the road for home arms filled with leftover pretzel salad, shrimp, rolls,and a jar of jam, and we took off to make our delivery. Shaun and Christine and I got to run up to the door this year. They ran one way and I ran the other, and I had to wait until they retrieved their surprise to get picked up, so I hid between the next door neighbors two cars. The neighbor across the street came out and did not like what he thought might be a menopausal prowler. I stealthily made my way across the street and explained that I was a 'good will toward men ambassador', and it's a good thing I did, because he had his cell phone and was just about to dial 911! Family Car #2 came by and I hopped in for the drive home and we had a good laugh as I explained what was going on.
Merry Christmas Eve!

3 comments:
Thanks Cindy-lou-lou . . . we missed a FUN party - that's for sure! THANK YOU AGAIN for loving G&K and making them feel so at home. Thanks for all the pics (I'm sure they all knew it was for the blog-thing) - it was like 'being there' - awesome. Wow, I'm in debt BIG TIME! Yeah, I can't wait to hear G&K explain to their children about their two anniversaries!
THANK YOU! . . . LOVE YOU!
Cindy thanks for the update on g&k and thanks for the pics. Roberta said it well but thanks for being so kind to them and making them feel so welcome. We love you bob b
It all sounds delightful! Merry Christmas! Love you!
Post a Comment