Have you ever built a Gingerbread House? This was the very first time I have ever done one. Oh, I've helped decorate a little here and there over the years. Christine and Meredith took J.T. to see Bedtime Stories and have some dinner and the guys were watching bball and gaming upstairs, so Adrianne and I did the Gingerbread House while we watched The Family Man.
I have such a respect for these now. I had no idea how hard they are! They are a work of LOVE. This was a kit that I bought at a local craft store, so the house was already baked, cut, and frosted together. We just had to design and decorate. Even at that it took us several hours. She cut all those green gumdrops into evergreen garland and bushes and I did the icing and we both did the candy decorating.
I learned how to make frosting icicles. It is my favorite part. I am so pleased with them! It took some practicing.
The back of the house. We were going to do criss-cross windows here too, but the red icing got too warm and we were getting too tired. We had so much fun just the two of us doing this. Get ready, family. We think it might be fun to have a decorating contest next Christmas season for FHE! Any takers????
I have such a respect for these now. I had no idea how hard they are! They are a work of LOVE. This was a kit that I bought at a local craft store, so the house was already baked, cut, and frosted together. We just had to design and decorate. Even at that it took us several hours. She cut all those green gumdrops into evergreen garland and bushes and I did the icing and we both did the candy decorating.
I learned how to make frosting icicles. It is my favorite part. I am so pleased with them! It took some practicing.
The back of the house. We were going to do criss-cross windows here too, but the red icing got too warm and we were getting too tired. We had so much fun just the two of us doing this. Get ready, family. We think it might be fun to have a decorating contest next Christmas season for FHE! Any takers????
No comments:
Post a Comment