Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Monday, December 29, 2008

Sunday Magic

What is it about Sunday? I was thinking about that this morning when I first woke up and was evaluating yesterday. Things just seem to 'work', you know what I mean?

Church. Good messages and lessons to make you think. Good visiting with friends. A nap. Word Searches. Book reading. Nice dinner. Movie. Mere realized at 9pm she had forgotten her purse in her dad's car. So Christine and I took her over to her parents to get it. We left at 11:50 pm! Richard, Patti and I had a good visit. He left for Pepperdine, and Patti and I continued to talk around the kitchen table and the puzzle they were putting together. Pretty soon, we were all gathered there with chairs pulled up just chatting and laughing away. How does that happen--getting a burst of energy like that late at night? It only took the ride home to get us all calmed down and head straight to bed when we walked in the door.

As I was thinking about it, we did so much yesterday. About the same as a weekday, if you are counting things on a list. But it feels different on a Sunday. A true Magic!

2 comments:

gwen and bob said...

Absolutely! It seems sometimes that I do even more, but there is a different peace that comes after all I do on Sunday! It just proves how important a Sabbath is!!
Are you going to UT this holiday?

Doran & Jody said...

Did someone say Utah? Are you coming to see me?
Glad you had a wonderful Christmas.
I just popped in to see what the January goal was going to be. I'll be back.....