When we go to Costco, we shop for about 3 months. We bring it all home and divide it up, freeze it, rotate the 'storage' and then just shop at the local store for fresh dairy, produce, and the other things that you can't get at Costco to complete the meals. Over the years we have honed the 'list' so we know what we need to get. Sometimes it changes depending on the holiday or family event coming up or a new recipe added to our menu, but it is pretty much the basics.
So today was the DAY. I love Costco. I like to go down every aisle twice--once in one direction to see everything on one side and then make a u-turn and go back down looking at the things on the opposite side. It takes some time, but I don't go very often. It is rare that I just make a 'quick run' to Costco. It's about 1/2 an hour from our house. Sometimes I wish it was closer especially to fill up the car with gas from their gas station. It is an amazing price.
We left at 10:30am got home around 1:45pm and it took me until 4 pm to clean out the deep freeze, fridge, repackage, and put everything away. It is always such a good feeling to have that done, even though it takes the better part of the day. Over the 20+ years we have been doing this we have found that it saves a lot of $$ and time.
I also found several items I hadn't planned on finding to cross off some more of 'that' Christmas list. Yay!
HOT COSTCO TIP: If your men-folk like flannel pajama pants get to Costco, now! I was just in Macy's department store and they had the SAME Nautica flannel pajama pants for $29.99. Now the week before Christmas they will mark them down to $19.99, but today at Costco, the SAME ONES were $12.99!!! So I snapped them up and now I don't have to go the week before Christmas for Macy's sale price and I saved $17 a pair!!! (Nautica brand is a little bit heavier flannel that wears for a long time.)
So the Costco shopping is now done and I have to say I'm a bit on the tired side!
(OH, and I got asked to give a talk in church in a couple of weeks. What! In the month of December??? Yikes, what were they thinking? Only men should have to speak in December, right? And it is not an easy topic: The Role of The Pre-Mortal Christ. I feel lots of studying coming up...but I'm gonna stick with my happy smile and not let 'you-know-who' try to get his nasty influence on me to get me stressed! That is one of my goals I am working on this season....)
1 comment:
I love Costco too, I always find things I didn't know I needed. The only thing I don't like is coming home and having to unload and put it all away. Yuck!!!
Post a Comment