Tupperware. I had no idea. My sugar canister/modular mate from the 90's that I keep in the pantry got dropped and the lid (seal) broke. I looked it up online and lo and behold, there it was! And I have a home consultant who lives near me to boot. So I called her up, ordered the lid (which was free), and randomly asked if they still carry their graduated measuring cups, which they do, so I ordered a set in red. I still have my harvest gold/avocado green set. The consultant back in the 70's, when I was building a 'hope chest', took a set in each color and and mixed them alternating each measure with a different color. I LOVE that. If I need 3/4, or 1/2, or 1/4 I know it's avocado green. If I need 2/3, or 1, or 1/3 I know they are gold. It makes it really easy. Whoever thought of making a 3/4 and 2/3 cup measure was brilliant. It makes baking so much faster and easier. They may not be as pretty as the current trend of stainless steel/metal, but they sure are functional.I'm excited!
2 comments:
Cindy, I love mine, and if I lose or melt something, I just go on ebay and wa lah there it is.
It was a WOMAN that created those sizes of measuring cups. A MAN certainly would have never thought it necessary.
Post a Comment