Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Friday, August 14, 2009

Tee Hee, Tee Hee!

Last night-----

Telephone: rrrring, rrrring.
Duff: Hello?
Neighbor: Mr. Duffy?
Duff: Yes?
Neighbor: This is 'so-and so'.
Duff: Hi! How are you?
Neighbor: Okay. Do you have some gas? A gas can?
Duff: Yes, yes I do.
Neighbor: Well, can I borrow it.
Duff: Sure. Is your car out of gas?
Neighbor: Uh-yeah. Yeah it is. And can you bring it over?
Duff: (teasing) Yeah. But it will cost you $100!
Neighbor: (No hesitation and very agreeable) Oh. Okay. No problem. I know where my mom keeps her money.

Duff gets the gas can and goes up the street. When he arrives, the teenage girl is there with a friend standing in the driveway by the car. They don't know how to get the gas cap on the car open. So they ask him to help them. He puts the gas in.

Friend: (to Neighbor) Is there enough?
Neighbor: I think so. I don't know.
Neighbor and Friend: We have to push the car and get it back in the right spot. It's off a little.

Duff is done with the gas can and closes up the gas cap. Smiles as he listens to their conversation oblivious that he is there.

Duff: There you go. All done.
Neighbor: Oh, thank you. Thank you. How much?
Duff: Ah, nothing. It's free.

Duff comes home, and puts the gas can away and comes into the kitchen. I'm making tuna sandwiches for dinner.

Duff: Is 'so-and-so's' parents in town?
Me: No. They're gone for a few days.
Duff: Hmmm. Does 'so-and-so' drive? When is her 16th birthday? Do you know?
Me: Not yet. She won't be 16 for several more months. Why?
Duff: I think I just contributed to the delinquency of a minor!!!

Holy Cow.....

2 comments:

~ Stacey ~ said...

ha ha that is so funny, but i guess I would not think it to funny if it were one of my kids, ok I would but maybe not right at that moment. At least she trusted Duff not to tell her parents. Is that a good thing or a bad thing???

Deidre said...

So I almost died!! Too funny.