
--Curves is gone. It closed up it's doors last week. So the space next to Albertson's is available and empty. Sad.
--Blockbuster is gone. It's been gone for a while now, but I don't know how the pet store is doing in that space. How do you compete with Petsmart and Petco just down the street?
--Christmas decorations and lights are up all over town. They are festive and spread the cheer! Dove is looking nice.
--Cold Santa Anas are starting as of last night. Brrr for us. We had to close up all the windows last night and the outside thermometer read 45* this morning. That is cold for us.
--Albertsons! Holy Cow, Moly, etc. I did the grocery shopping yesterday instead of Saturday (it just got away from me), and I couldn't believe it. I haven't been in there since before we left for Thanksgiving. You wouldn't even recognize that it is the same store! Everything is different except for maybe some of the meat department. The bank is gone and they moved Starbucks from the deli area over into the bank space. It's like a little bistro now. (I still miss the bank though. It was sooo convenient, especially if you don't drink coffee items) Some of the aisles are longer. They seem closer together too. All of them have changed places with their items and organization. HELP! There is no running in quickly now. Breads are with the soups and broths clear over by the liquor and produce. They used to be on the opposite side of the store. It took me two hours because I had to go down every row and hope to find what I needed and to just try to adjust for next time! We have hanging lights with shades over each check out station! It is very 'chic'. New floors, signs, etc. Very nice, but I miss my old store!
--The old house next to CVS where the big cow lived in the lot is GONE. It makes me wonder why? where did they go? where is Blue? what are they going to do with the land?
4 comments:
when i was home for thanksgiving i saw that the old house was gone too!! it made me so sad!! supposedly the old man died and the son (or whomever) was trying to sell the property.
Thanks for that update. I hadn't heard that! It will be missed. It was a 'legend' in our town, huh!
That land was sold and is being developed (someday) into a little strip mall and a medical office. Ask Theresa...she has the artist renderings of it all. They were informed of everything because of where their house is. We were hoping for an In and Out, but they can't because of traffic patterns (one of the neighbors asked specifically).
I loved Blue. So sad.
Post a Comment