Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Saturday, December 6, 2008

It SNOWED Last Night!

Christmas came early last night! After school, Meredith and J.T. came over and we headed to Disneyland for their holiday festivities. We grabbed dinner on the way there and ate in the car. Once we got to the parking structure you could just FEEL the magic! It was so contagious! A cure for anyone feeling a bit on the 'bah-humbug' side of the holidays. First stop: Haunted Mansion. 2nd stop: Pirates of The Carribean. Then off to get a churro and find a seat for the fireworks. We found a great spot just on the inside rope of a walkway in the Main Street circle in front of the castle. The entire show was set to Christmas music. It was inspirational! I loved that they used mostly traditional carols: Silent Night, Hark The Herald Angels Sing, The First Noel. These are religious in nature. Glad they chose these and others.
I did not take these pictures, but even these from the internet do not do the show justice. It was amazing. No one wanted it to end. But when it did.....

...SNOW fell from the skies while I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas echoed all the way through Main Street! There was the most peaceful, quiet feeling. We were covered in snow, softly laughing, smiling, hugging. Duff and I had a kiss.
Part of Main Street during the snow storm. The decorations are so magical you feel like you have been transported to another place. We got home right close to midnight. It was a simple ride home with J.T. slumbering in the back seat.Yes, a White Christmas came early to California for us last night!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

A few years ago, Rex and I went to Disneyland with Kurt and Angie and the kids - the day after Thanksgiving. This was the first time Rex had ever been to DL. We got to experience the Christmas snow they had as well and I totally know what you mean about the peace you feel when it starts snowing. It IS magical. Maybe that's what I need to get me out of this funk...a quick trip to DL for a snow show!

Cindy said...

Oh, it was 'delicious', Kristin. I was having kind of a down day and it just lifted me right up!

Nic said...

that looks like so much fun! i'm jealous. and how fun to have meredith home for the weekend! it's already starting to look like a beautiful christmas isn't it?!