Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Stuffed Mushrooms

My kids are always telling me, "Mom! Don't give away our recipes!" I'm flattered that they think I am such a genius in the kitchen and feel ownership towards the things I make there, BUT the truth of the matter is if 'our' recipes can bring as much joy and tradition to others as they do for us I'm happy to share. This recipe for 'our' stuffed mushrooms came from someone I briefly knew 25 years ago and who knows where she got it from! It is fast and easy and once you have them you are hooked. Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
1 chub Jimmy Dean bulk sausage
1 8 oz. cream cheese
(I most often use the 1/3 less fat variety, store brand)
2-3 cartons mushrooms
(depending on the size of the mushrooms)
Parmesan cheese
Brown sausage, drain any fat. While pan is still warm, mix in cream cheese brick until all combined. Let cool. While cooling, wash and remove stems from mushrooms. Just gently 'break' them out of the cap. Place on a rimmed cookie sheet. With a regular spoon, fill caps evenly with sausage/cheese mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Broil on low setting until tops are slightly browned and mushrooms are cooked. About 15 minutes. Keep an eye on them.
--OR--
Bake at 350* for about 30 minutes.
Remove to a platter and serve.

2 comments:

Berta said...

oh yum, gonna make these!

Emily Adamson said...

These look so good! I've never stuffed my mushrooms with sausage - genius! We're having a party food recipe contest and would love to have you enter this or another favorite recipe! Check out the contest on our blog: MarxFood.com