
Okay. I did it. I made my dentist appointment. I do not do well at the dentist. Well, I'm 'okay' once I get there-medicated-but the lead up to the appointment is excruciating. Our dentist is a good friend of ours. He knows I haven't been in and he was teasing me about it at church. So what does he do? He has one of his assistants who is also a friend of mine call me this morning with the calendar sitting right in front of her, naming off all the available appointments. I made Shaun's, Christine's, Josh's. Kept avoiding mine. Finally, it came to my name.
I brush twice a day with a sonicare. I floss daily. Why am I so afraid? It's because of Dr. Cogan!!! When I was a little girl he made you have fillings w/o novacaine, and if you even merely mentioned in passing that you were 'scared', he emotionally abused you with 'wimp', 'scaredy-cat', etc. I vividly remember his drill, the smell, the burning, the pain, the taste. We'll see how I do next week!
8 comments:
I hear ya'! You know I'm right there with you on the nervous scale.
Must run in the family. I make myself so sick. Dry-heaving you name it.
Oh my, no wonder you don't like the dentist! Brad would find that story very, very sad.
you know this might sound so disturbing, but i actually like the dentist!
You go, Rachel! I'm hoping to pass that kind of attitude on to my kiddos and their kiddos!
i am with you about the dentist! i cannot stand it. i spend the whole time in the chair on the verge of tears. good job at making the appointment!!!
who's your dentist?
Paul is our dentist. And Traci is the one he had call me!
Post a Comment