HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!
Happy Father's Day to those great men in our lives: My hubby, his dad, my dad, my boys, our grandfathers, my son-in-law, our uncles......
We had a busy day.
Ella and Gretchen didn't wake up until almost 10am. None of us went downstairs before that so they could get some good sleep. They hadn't slept well in two days. Apryl went to the graduation and Mike and Nie kept the girls here. Mike and Shaun made breakfast for Duff--savory--, and Adrianne made breakfast for the little girls--sweet, and I got dinner in the crock pot. We used every inch available in our kitchen.
Then the girls got their baths and hair done in our big tub.
Even though church was at 1, the mornnig was packed and I didn't make it on time. Oh well, that's how it goes sometimes. I have been doing much better with my New Year's goal of being on time to church. Only a few missed like today.
We did a Super-Hero theme today, for our Super-Dads!
Meredith made the carrot cake (Duff and Mike's favorite) with double raisins.
I made cream puffs. (Josh and Shaun's favorites.)
We decorated everything in red, white, and blue and ate in the dining room with silver chargers, white plates, crystal glasses. It was really a fun table setting and Adrianne asked me mid-way through dinner if I got a picture, and sure enough I hadn't. :-(
The guys all got super-hero tshirts from Old Navy.
Duff--Batman
Mike--Wonderwoman and Laker Fan onesies for the new baby.
Josh--Transformers (Optimus Prime)
Shaun--Superman
I tried to get them to model for a picture, but they were too into the OKC/Heat game. We are rooting for OKC. They need to do a little better next game.
It was a really nice day and I fell asleep on the couch after everyone had left and the others gone to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment