Erik received his mission call to the Dominican Republic. He went to the temple tonight. Josh and Meredith went with the family for this very special occasion. It was the first time they have left Ainsley for a long period of time.
We had Tyler too. Everything was going well until after Ainsley's bath. All of a sudden she realized her mommy wasn't the one lotioning and putting on her pajamas! Her little face registered the fact and she just cried and cried. The tears rolled down her cheeks and her eyes got splotchy. Poor baby. Shaun couldn't take it anymore and he scooped her up and walked her around singing softly till she calmed down. She only had on her diaper. I took her back and got her dressed.
She took a bottle from me really well. Mere thinks it will be a good idea to keep some of her milk in the freezer and a bottle here at our house. For those times when we have the baby and they are gone for a little while.
They hurried home and all was well. Tyler was out on the couch and Ainsley and I were on the other. She was sound asleep in my arms, and her mama couldn't wait to have her in her own. I remember leaving each of my babies for the first time. I don't think it matters how many children you have--that first time is a heart tugger.
No comments:
Post a Comment