Today, my childhood friend, Lisa Birk Kowallis, came over. She lives about an hour or so away. Wished we got together more, but life gets in the way sometimes of that. The good thing though, is that she is the kind of friend that you can pick up right where you left off with no matter how long it's been.
One of her daughters is having her first baby in September, and she wanted help to make some of the self-binding receiving blankets and burps for the new baby. She got a new sewing machine for her birthday this month and took a lesson on how to use it. It's a nice machine. A Singer Curvy. I know 'Martha' recommends that particular one. I liked it a lot. It threads itself and has some darling decorative stitches on it.
I measured and cut and she sewed and we both ironed and during it all we talked, gabbed, laughed till we cried and cried till we laughed. She got 3 blanket sets done and did a great job. Becky will love them and be SO surprised that her mom made them.
It was a beautiful day. Sometimes you just need those old-days-gone-by relationships to anchor you for a while again. I was grateful for that today.

No comments:
Post a Comment