Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

School's Out For Summer!



It's OFFICIAL!!!  School is out as of 1:20pm today.  Christine is a SENIOR.  Good gravy!  She walked in the door and announced she was a senior.  We looked at each other and hugged.  For me, the hug was happiness, clinging, wanting to stop the clock and yet wanting it to keep going, love, trying to quell the pit in my stomach that a year from now not only will her world change in a big way, but so will Duff's and mine. 

I looked at her, so pretty and grown up, as she walked out the door to go to an end of school party at Maddy's beach house in San Clemente tonight.  I felt like that scene in Father Of The Bride where George see's Annie as a 7 year old in pigtails while she's trying to tell him she's engaged.  She was my two year old sitting on the stairs in her blue and white shorts outfit licking a big jaw breaker with the biggest smile on her face, because Natalie was sharing with her.  And then here she was, hair and make-up gorgeous, cute outfit and keys in her hand walking out to the car.  Almost 18.  Sigh.

Bring on SUMMER.  We are ready for it.

(I watched Ainsley this morning while Meredith went to work and Duff got the car seat out of the car at Josh's work.  She was so happy and we had fun talking and playing. ~~ Duff and I worked in the garden and yards.  I like to be out there the day of or before the gardner comes so I have things deadheaded and see anything I might need him to work on.  Our rosemary pot is dead.  I learned some new things about that.  I've been wanting it to grow and been trying to shape it into a cone topiary. The mistake I made was letting it get too tall for the pot.  It was terribly root bound and not distributing water the right way because of it.  We decided to pull it out and start over.  It took some work to get the root ball cut away that had formed outside the hole on the bottom, but when we did and pulled it out, the odor was terrible.  Lot's of rot.  So we will start over and now know what to do better.  It's been a great plant for us the last three years.  I have loved going out and having fresh rosemary so readily available.  ~~I finished another of Adrianne's baby blankets.  Her family shower is next Saturday.  I won't have them all done by then, but the sisters wanted to have it while Apryl is in town.  Apryl did the invitations and it looks like something out of a Dick and Jane reader.  She is so talented.  I know I've mentioned before that she is one of the illustrators for the Friend magazine.  All the sisters have themed the shower as 60's vintage and it will be darling.  They are holding it at our house.  The gals have everything planned and almost ready.  It will be a waffle bar brunch and Patti and I are on waffle duty. ~~ Natalie went to the doctor today.  She's been fighting a sore throat.  They put her on a z-pack, but then the doctor measured her and told her she is measuring 35 weeks.  She is only 32 weeks.  Maybe another big baby, like John?  She has her regular OB appointment on the 29th and they will most likely do another ultrasound to see what the deal is. ~~Robert got a job offer from Natalie's firm.  They want to grow the criminal law end of the firm.  He took the position.)

No comments: