"Make new friends,
But keep the old.
One is Silver--
The other, Gold!"
This is a dear, dear friend of mine, Diane Politis. She lived in our ward when we moved here and was one of the first to befriend me. Later when she served as the Relief Society President, I was one of her counselors. We've seen each other through a lot of life experiences over the last 15 years. Diane is 20 years older than me, but our spirits are the same 'age'! She moved 4 years ago to Roseburg, Oregon to be near her children and grandchildren. I have missed her! We keep in touch with phone calls, cards, and email.When she lived here she wasn't near her grandchildren, and our grandparents all live away from us, so she stepped in many times with love and support. She came to soccer games, plays, recitals, concerts, baptisms, and dinner. We sure loved and appreciated that.
Diane served a mission to South Carolina and returned about a year ago. She is down for a visit and we went to lunch today. We had such a good time! Before we knew it 2 hours had wizzed by and we both had other places we needed to be. We ate at Tutto Fresco and had the salmon lunch with pesto, salad, asparagus, penne, and foccacia bread dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. (I didn't mix my oil and vinegar very well so my first bite of bread was way too strong and I had a pretty good coughing attack. We had a good chuckle over that one!)
It was a gorgeous day out today! Just look at the patio at the restaurant where I took her picture! We ate inside today because the patio was already full! The sun was down by 6:15 pm tonight. It's just getting earlier and earlier. Don't we change time here in another week or so?
I am grateful Diane is my friend. Time can go by and we can just pick up where we left off. You can confide anything to her and she will keep your confidence. She gives good, sound, grounded advice/counsel in a loving way but isn't afraid to be firm if she feels it's for your own good yet you never feel reprimanded. Every body needs a friend like Diane Politis.
No comments:
Post a Comment