Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

No Fire Support

Okay it is 12:40pm and it is getting worse. PLEASE PRAY FOR US. Dan and Dodie arrived with their 3 golden labs. We just finished watching a news conference where the fire chief told us that they have removed ALL fire support--ground and air--from Modjeska and Silverado Canyons. There is simply not the resources and it is too dangerous.

So, unfortunately the plan they have now is to let it all burn through Hamilton Trail, Williams, and Rose Canyon until it reaches Trabuco Creek (which is totally dry) and which is just 3-4 miles from our front door. Then they will fight it from there. If they can't get a handle on it, it will burn into the Cleveland National Forest which is our front yard.

Duff and Mike are on their way home from work. We will gather some things and have our papers ready to go and sit down and wait.

I'm still doing laundry. I don't know why. I guess it feels good to do something kind of routine. Does that make sense?

1 comment:

Angela said...

Cindy, we are praying for you...I hope you are all okay...I just can't believe how crazy these fires are...unbelievable....thanks for keeping us all updated. I hope all goes well for you and your family.