Geez Louise.
Tonight the team traveled to Mira Costa high school in Manhattan Beach for their game. I love this game because it takes me back to Manhattan Beach. That holds really good childhood memories for me, because my dad's parents lived there. I slept over there, had holidays there, had Sunday dinners there--my Mamo Myrna made the best ever fried chicken, mashed potatoes with creamed gravy, corn on the cob, and succotash--cried when one of our dogs died there, went to the beach there.
It had been in the high 80's at our house today. By the time we got to Mira Costa it was over 40degrees difference in temperature. The fog was so thick you could see it coming in waves and covered the lights and players on the field. Christine was freezing. JV played first, so Duff and I ran back toward the freeway to the South Bay Galleria (a mall I had shopped frequently at when I was a teenager) and tried to find some long sleeved under armour for her to wear. None to be found. It is spring we were told. And a freezing one at that!
We ended up getting her these Nike arm compression/arm sleeve thingies that basketball players wear. They worked wonderfully for her bare arms, and were much less expensive than an under amour shirt would have been. JV lost by 2 and Varsity won by 2. Yay--you go Chrissy!

No comments:
Post a Comment