Spring break means many things. Among them, shopping is high on the list for a teenage girl. So that is what we did this afternoon.
After John's nap, my mom and I picked up Christine and John and headed for Target. When you have our age groups--70's, 50's, teenager, and toddler--we quickly figured out it was best to divide and conquer. Christine got a new swim suit, make up, and some new tops. I picked up the new Adele CD and one of Whitney Houston's best hits for the drive home. (We had exhausted our listening of Taylor Swift, Les Mis, and a random Christmas CD on the drive out.)
We got John some new summer pajamas and a new pair of Crocs. I gave him a choice of the blue or black pair. I was going for the black because last year he had blue. He saw a pair of neon green ones and wanted those. I explained that they weren't part of the decision. He is completely into everything green and blue these days because of the Arizona green and blue regular and recycle trash cans. He knows what they are, what day they go out, and when they are full or empty! Oma and Opa indulge him daily in his new-found trash love. He has to empty every basket in the house multiple times even if they only have a couple of items in them. Outside he and Opa go to the large containers where Opa opens the lid and John stands on his tip-toes to turn the basket over. Consistent with his trash can colors, he finally chose the blue Crocs.
At the fitting rooms we saw a girl with a bag of popcorn. John started singing Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree. When Christine was done, we went to the food counter and got a couple of bags. He loved it. I learned later that it was his first popcorn. I failed to get a picture of Christine and John in their matching platypus tshirts from Phineas and Ferb.
My dad was at a doctor appointment. He hasn't been feeling too chipper lately. He wanted to go alone, which is out of character for him. Some of his bloodwork has come back questionable, so his visit today was to follow up on that with a specialist. It is some sort of auto-immune disorder perhaps in the Lupus family. They ran more tests today.



No comments:
Post a Comment