Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Monday, April 2, 2012

Daily Q

Question:  What was your favorite birthday so far?  Why?


Answer:  I'm not age phobic, so this was a little tough for me to answer.  Here's what I came up with so far:
  • When I was 16 my mom threw a surprise party for me.  It was really and truly a TOTAL surprise!  All my friends were there and I had NO clue.  She pulled it off well.
  • When I turned 40, Duff threw a surprise party for me.  Our friends and neighbors down the street hosted, and boy was I surprised.  I had a smidge of a hint during the week, but dimissed it.  Well done, dear!
  • One year on my birthday, my mom ended up in the ER.  I already had plans to lunch with some friends and they gave me the option to stay home near the phone.  I decided to go anyway--my mom was 100's of miles away and there was nothing I could do.  It was out of my hands.  I think it was a growing up moment for me.  I had a wonderful afternoon, and since there was nothing I could do for my mom long distance but pray for her, I learned to focus on what I could control and let go of what I couldn't and knowing the difference.  Looking back, it made me feel more adult and learn to compartmentalize emotions.

No comments: